Northwest PassageSeptember 4, 2015 - September 23, 2015
Be a part of Arctic adventure travel history as you take a Northwest Passage cruise. We explore the best of western Greenland and the Canadian Arctic on this Northwest Passage cruise, and have countless chances to observe the local wildlife, from polar bears and walruses to seals and seabirds. Your expert Arctic expedition team will provide valuable insight into the great explorers who have navigated this northern sea route, and will recap each day for a well-rounded experience.
Northwest Passage Cruise Highlights:
- Hike over colorful tundra, explore protected bays by Zodiac, and enjoy the opportunity to walk on the legendary ice sheet of Greenland.
- Land on shores made famous by Roald Amundsen and infamous by Sir John Franklin’s tragic expedition in search of the fabled passage to Asia.
- Search for a variety of wildlife—seabirds, waterfowl, whales, seals, and musk oxen.
- Cruise down sinuous fjords littered with glittering icebergs to the face of actively calving glaciers.
- Photograph picturesque towns and meet with hearty locals who will teach you about life in the High Arctic.
Birding, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature