Wild Alaska with the Aleutian Islands
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Take full advantage of the long hours of mid-summer to trace the pristine shores of the Alaskan Peninsula and step ashore on the remote, seldom-visited Aleutian Islands. This Alaska and Aleutian Islands tour explores a variety of magnificent marine and wildlife habitats—rivers, fjords, spectacular bays and remote coves, dense forests, and towering coastal mountains. Numerous Zodiac excursions negotiate sea cliffs and sculpted basalt formations for up-close sightings of nesting seabirds numbering in the hundreds of thousands. You will also enjoy excellent opportunities to view and photograph the region’s iconic wildlife including brown bears, fur seals, and Arctic foxes—a hallmark of any Alaska expedition.
Alaska with the Aleutian Islands expedition highlights:
- Search for a variety of wildlife including whales, fur seals, otters, and Arctic foxes.
- Visit remote Pribilof and Aleutian island communities, including a Chukchi village.
- Cruise by Zodiac to spot brown bears along the Alaska Peninsula and on Unimak Island, a sure highlight for any Alaska adventure traveler.
- Photograph dramatic landscapes; mountains, fjords, waterfalls, forests, and flower-studded tundra throughout this Alaska tour.
- View vast numbers of seabirds at the height of their breeding season—red-legged kittiwakes; horned and tufted puffins; and parakeet, whiskered, crested, and least auklets.
Birding, Hiking & Trekking, Wildlife & Nature