Wild Alaska and the Bering Sea
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Alaska remains a treasure-trove of scenic marvels that can only be described in the superlative. Your Alaska adventure travels will take full advantage of the long hours of mid-summer to trace pristine shores, cross the Arctic Circle, and step ashore (and back into history) on both Russian and American lands. This Alaska and Bering Sea tour is rich with the marine and wildlife habitats of the North Pacific—rivers, fjords, spectacular bays and remote coves, dense forests, dramatic marine geological formations, and towering coastal mountains. Numerous Zodiac excursions are planned as part of your Alaska expedition, negotiating sea cliffs and sculpted basalt formations for up-close sightings of nesting seabirds—red-legged kittiwakes, parakeet auklets, fulmars, puffins, and more. Travelers also enjoy excellent opportunities to view and photograph the region’s icon wildlife including brown bears, fur seals, walrus, and Arctic foxes.
Alaska and the Bering Sea expedition highlights:
- Visit remote Bering Sea and Pribilof Island communities, including a Chukchi Village and Kodiak Island.
- Enjoy Zodiac excursions as you cruise by the Aleutian Islands and Katmai National Park to search for brown bears, sure to add excitement to your Alaska adventure travels.
- View dramatic landscapes—mountains, fjords, waterfalls, forests, and tundra—as part of your Alaska and Bering Sea expedition.
- Look for iconic birds such as horned and tufted puffins as well as parakeet auklets, Laysan albatross, and red-legged kittiwakes.
- Photograph a variety of wildlife including walrus, whales, fur seals, otters, Arctic foxes, and brown bears during your Alaska tour.
- With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Alaska expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come on your Alaska and Bering Sea adventure travels
- Daily activity options, from Zodiac excursions to the remote Aleutian Islands to close encounters with walrus, brown bears, fur seals and otters
- World-class lecture and Alaska expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended Alaska expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your Alaska and Bering Sea tour, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm expedition advisor and air coordinator to answer all your questions regarding your Alaska expedition
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Bering Sea and Alaska adventure travels
Birding, Culture, Good for Families, Hiking & Trekking, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature