- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Bay of Bengal & the Andaman Sea: India, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
Our Bay of Bengal expedition is perfect for history buffs, nature enthusiasts, birders, snorkelers, and photographers alike. After touring the bustling city of Chennai, set sail for the Andaman Islands for two days of exploration above and below the warm waters. In Myanmar, visit ancient Bagan, home to over 2,000 pagodas and temples, and Yangon, to see the Shwedagon Pagoda. Snorkel in the Mergui Archipelago and discover idyllic islands off the coast of Thailand. In Malaysia, visit Langkawi, a UNESCO designated Geopark, and two World Heritage Sites, Georgetown in Palau Panang and Malacca.
Bay of Bengal and Andaman Islands Expedition Highlights:
- Snorkel in the warm, crystal-clear waters of the Andaman Islands and search for the Andaman serpent eagle.
- Tours of the 2,000-year-old Sule Pagoda and massive Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon.
- Participation in the Food Donation Ceremony in Pagan, where the Buddhist monks eat twice daily and depend on the generosity of the community.
- Explore islands draped in lush vegetation in the Mergui Archipelago and experience the legendary natural beauty of Thailand’s coastal islands.
- Search for wildlife in Langkawi, Malaysia and discover the rich cultural heritage of Georgetown.
What to expect:
As with any Bay of Bengal adventure travel, a moderate level of exertion is required. You will be asked to climb in and out of Zodiacs and tenders for snorkeling and nature walk activities, and must be able to walk moderate distances along beaches and, at times, over rough terrain. Expect high humidity throughout this itinerary with temperatures ranging from the low 70s to the high 80s°F. As expected with most India and Bay of Bengal tours, women should be prepared to wear long sleeves and long pants or skirts; you will also be expected to remove shoes when visiting certain sites. Flexibility is a must when traveling in this region of the world, so bring along a spirit of adventure.
Archaeology, Culture, History, Photography, Snorkeling & Diving