- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Maldives and India with Sri Lanka & the Lakshadweeps
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
A potpourri of natural and cultural highlights, our new Southern India and Maldives adventure travel expedition features sublime scenery, time-honored traditions, and dazzling undersea wonders. Aboard the 110-passsenger Clipper Odyssey, we embark from Chennai, en route to Sri Lanka, where our Southern India tour includes three World Heritage Sites. We search for wild elephants on a 4x4 safari at Minneriya Eco Park and seek the 400 bird species found here. In Kochi, our Southern India expedition includes a houseboat tour, lending insight into traditional daily life. In the Maldives and the little-visited Lakshadweep Islands snorkel and dive pristine islands while viewing fantastic marine life.
India & The Maldives Expedition Highlights:
- Chennai sightseeing: National Art Gallery, San Thome Cathedral, Fort St. George Museum, and more.
- World Heritage Sites on Southern India tour, including the Caves of Dambulla, legendary Kandy, and Mahabalipuram.
- A traditional Kalari Payattu (an ancient martial art form) demonstration in Kerala
- First-time Zegrahm exploration of India’s Lakshadweep Islands.
- Maldives expedition, with unparalleled snorkeling and diving opportunities and visit to a 16th-century palace.
What to expect:
For most activities on our India and the Maldives expedition, a relatively low level of exertion is required. You must be able to walk moderate distances, unaided, on uneven paths, up and down stairs, and in crowded markets during our Southern India tour. Our time in the Maldives and Lakshadweep Islands focuses on the underwater realm and you will need to be able to climb into anchored Zodiacs for snorkel and dive activities. Average daily temperatures are expected to range in the upper 70s to low 90s°F and water temperatures will range from the upper 70s to the low 80s°F.
Culture, Photography, Snorkeling & Diving, Wildlife & Nature