- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Southern India by Sea with Sri Lanka
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
Our India expedition explores the melting pot of language, architecture, and religion that define Southern India and Sri Lanka. We navigate the region aboard the 110-passenger Clipper Odyssey, from the bustling streets of Mumbai to the serene fishing villages of the south. Our India tour takes us to the World Heritage Site of Elephanta Island; to Kochi, the “Venice of the East”; and to rubber processing plants in Trivandrum. We venture on for our Sri Lanka adventure travel tour, where we journey into the highlands to Kandy’s Buddhist temple of the tooth and meet the special residents of the Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage.
Southern India Expedition Highlights:
- Comprehensive Goa, India tour, where we visit distinctive churches, museums, and convents, and enjoy lunch at a traditional Goan home.
- Cruise aboard local houseboats in Kochi’s backwaters, where we observe the local’s daily life.
- Tour of renowned Marine Drive in Mumbai, passing Chowpatty Beach, Malabar Hill, and Hanging Gardens.
- Sri Lanka tour, with stop in Galle, where we tour the Galle Fort, a World Heritage Site dating to the 16th century.
- Favorite spot of Sri Lanka adventure travelers, the Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage, where we’ll meet young elephants being lovingly cared for.
What to Expect:
For our India tour, a relatively low level of exertion is required. We ask that you be able to walk moderate distances, unaided, on uneven paths, up and down stairs, and in crowed markets. As with any India and Sri Lanka expedition, we must be mindful of the local cultures and customs. You will be expected to remove your shoes when visiting temples and mosques; women should be prepared to wear long sleeves and long pants or skirts. Average daily temperatures on our India tour are expected to range in the low 60s to low 80s°F.
Archaeology, Birding, Culture, Food & Wine, History, Photography