Splendors of India with Sri Lanka and the Maldives
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Our India expedition takes us from Mumbai’s bustling streets to the charming former Portuguese trading center of Goa and the emerald landscapes of Mangalore. A two-day tour of Cochin reveals a mélange of international influences; we board local houseboats for a cruise through Cochin’s backwaters. In Trivandrum, cultural travel opportunities include a visit to the village of Pongumoode and a traditional martial arts demonstration. Our India tour continues to Sri Lanka, where we discover the Temple of the Tooth and the port of Galle—both World Heritage Sites. Three days of Maldives adventure travel feature snorkeling and diving amid large pelagic fish and stunning coral gardens.
India, Sri Lanka, and Maldives adventure travel highlights include:
- Enjoy incredible meals throughout our India expedition, including the opportunity to a visit a traditional home in Goa for cooking demonstration and lunch.
- Sri Lanka’s Temple of the Tooth, one of the holiest places of worship and pilgrimage for Buddhists around the world.
- Several World Heritage Sites on our India tour, including Elephanta Island, Kandy, and Galle.
- Baa Atoll, made up of about 50 islands offering rich biodiversity including large mangroves and unique ring-shaped reef forms.
- Begin your India adventure travels with an optional pre-extension to see the Taj Mahal and Jaipur.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your trip. Here is what you can look forward to on this India with Sri Lanka and the Maldives expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options, from visiting temples to snorkeling and diving
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your India tour with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your India adventure travels
Culture, History, Photography, Snorkeling