Best of Indonesia: Manado to BaliFebruary 24, 2015 - March 13, 2015
Indonesia adventure travel offers an exotic blend of culture and nature, showcasing the incredible diversity of this enigmatic archipelago. Search for colorful birds in Tangkoko Nature Reserve and investigate the waters of Bunaken National Marine Park, a World Heritage Site. In the highlands of Toraja view unique boat-shaped architecture and cliff-side graves marked by life-sized effigies. Spectacular underwater wonders await snorkelers and divers off Sulawesi’s coastal islands, including the Banggai Islands whose waters harbor “the mother of all living reefs” according to Alfred Wallace, a contemporary of Darwin. Step ashore on Komodo Island to view the world’s largest lizard, the Komodo dragon, and end with a magical Bali tour—legendary for its verdant landscapes, beautiful temples, and vibrant art scene.
Indonesia and Bali Expedition Highlights
- Travel inland on an overnight excursion to the mountain villages of the Toraja to view their unique boat-shaped houses and hillside cave tombs, protected by carved wood effigies.
- Step ashore on Komodo Island and view the world’s largest lizard up-close in its native habitat on this Indonesia tour.
- Snorkel or dive among dazzling tropical fish and colorful corals—these waters are some of the most biodiverse in the world and a highlight of Indonesia adventure travel.
- Search for endemic species such as the Sulawesi hornbill, black-crested macaque, and the diminutive tarsier, the smallest primate in the world.
- Enjoy numerous nature walks and Zodiac cruises which reveal stunning scenery, pristine beaches, and luxuriant tropical landscapes.
- Conclude your Indonesia expedition with a Bali tour, including a visit to the large artisan community of Ubud; here you can procure treasures to remember your Indonesia adventure travels.
Diving, Birding, Culture, Snorkeling, Wildlife & Nature