- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Best of Indonesia
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
VIDEO: Scenes from Indonesia
On Voyage II, we explore the Raja Ampat and meet the people of the Asmat. Check out videos from these incredible stops:
These two Indonesia expeditions, whether taken separately, or in conjunction, present an exotic blend of culture and nature, showcasing the very best of this enigmatic archipelago.
Voyage I (February 23 - March 8) - Bali to Manado Highlights:
- Experience intriguing cultures: Bali’s rich artistic heritage, the unique ceremonies of the Flores islanders, and a special overnight excursion to discover Toraja’s complex ancestor worship.
- Snorkel or dive among dazzling tropical fish and colorful corals—these waters are some of the most biodiverse in the world.
- Step ashore on Komodo Island and enjoy close encounters with its namesake dragon, a must-see destination on any Indonesia tour.
- Search for endemic species such as the Sulawesi hornbill black crested macaque and the diminutive tarsier, the world’s smallest primate.
- Enjoy numerous nature walks and Zodiac cruises which reveal stunning scenery, pristine beaches, and luxuriant tropical landscapes throughout your Indonesia adventure travels.
Voyage II (March 8 - 27) - Manado to Port Moresby Highlights:
- Spend two exhilarating days in the Asmat—here you are greeted by elaborately decorated “warriors” paddling intricately carved canoes—and invited to learn about their unique culture.
- Explore the Raja Ampat archipelago whose seas, part of the fabled Coral Triangle, are considered to hold the richest variety of species on the planet.
- Visit fascinating cultural and historical sites on tiny Ternate Island, long fought over for its bounty of cloves.
- Snorkel or dive in Bunaken National Marine Park, a World Heritage Site that is home to nearly 70 percent of all fish species known to the Indo-western Pacific region.
- Tour MacCluer Gulf’s breathtaking coastline and meet the seafaring tribes who populate its shores.
Birding, Culture, Photography, Snorkeling & Diving, Wildlife & Nature