Circumnavigation of New Guinea - Voyage I: Remote Islands of Papua New Guinea
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Raja Ampat & the Asmat
Combine with our second voyage to Raja Ampat and the Asmat villages and save 5% on both. Explore the underwater realm via exquisite snorkeling and diving, spend two days in the Asmat, and search for over 500 species of birds.
Papua New Guinea adventure travel beckons the explorer in all of us with dramatic landscapes and a wealth of unique cultures. Meet the inhabitants of remote islands on this Melanesia tour and step back in time to view their energetic dances and well-preserved cultural traditions. Learn about the kula ring of trading, which unites far-flung island communities, and the fascinating rituals surrounding the annual yam harvest. You will also have numerous opportunities to snorkel and dive over healthy reefs populated by a dazzling array of tropical fish, a must on any Papua New Guinea expedition. Search for a variety of colorful birds during nature hikes through lush forest and along pristine beaches.
Papua New Guinea and Melanesia expedition highlights:
- Witness a variety of distinct cultural traditions including the amazing fire dancers of Rabaul, kite-fishing on Nauna, and the world-famous art of the Sepik River region.
- Join nature walks to search for megapodes, Brahminy kites, white-bellied sea eagles, and rainbow lorikeets.
- Snorkel and dive almost every day of this Papua New Guinea tour—the warm, translucent waters support a vast array of marine life, from brilliant rainbow-hued fish to giant gorgonian sea fans.
- Cruise by Zodiac to step ashore in seldom-visited villages and pristine uninhabited islands as part of your Melanesia adventure travels.
- Photograph soaring volcanoes draped in luxuriant foliage, idyllic islets framed by turquoise waters and waving palms, and the colorful inhabitants of this ultimately enchanting region.
- Begin your Papua New Guinea expedition with our pre-voyage extension to the New Guinea Highlands.
Diving, Birding, Culture, Snorkeling, Wildlife & Nature