Legendary Empires: Giza, Baalbek, Byblos, Petra, Luxor
This expedition has no scheduled departures at this time.
Explore Egypt, Lebanon, and Jordan to discover the treasures of history’s Legendary Empires. Begin in Giza where we gaze upon the mysterious Sphinx and marvel at the Great Pyramid—the only surviving Wonder of the Ancient World. Continue to Lebanon to view the remains of 7,000-year-old Byblos and Roman Baalbek. Enjoy a daylight transit of the Suez Canal, then travel overland to the magnificent rose-red city of Petra. Back in Egypt we visit the Monastery of St. Catherine at the base of Mt. Sinai and the resort town of Sharm el Sheikh, renowned for its beautiful scenery and healthy coral reefs. Luxor is a fitting finale to our explorations with its well-preserved temples and numerous royal tombs. Along the way we also have the opportunity to enjoy superb snorkeling, browse colorful markets, photograph timeless landscapes, and savor delectable cuisine.
- Visit six amazing UNESCO World Heritage Sites—Giza, Petra, Baalbek, Byblos, St. Catherine’s Monastery, and Luxor.
- Meet archaeologists and gain valuable insight on current research and restoration efforts, as our leaders take us “behind the scenes” in Luxor.
- Enjoy a daylight transit of the Suez Canal, one of the world’s greatest engineering feats.
- Snorkel in the crystal-clear waters of Ras Mohammed National Park, a natural paradise for marine life.
- Witness the stunning vistas of Wadi Rum and feast on a sumptuous lunch of Bedouin delicacies.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your trip:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to guides
- All accommodations including hotel nights in Cairo, Luxor, and Petra.
- Daily activity options, including archaeological and cultural tours, nature hikes, and snorkeling
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals on board and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Domestic flight from Luxor to Cairo
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
Archaeology, Culture, History, Photography