- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Voyage through the Red Sea
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
This expedition has been selected as one of National Geographic Traveler magazine's 2011 "50 Tours of a Lifetime."
We start our 2012 Red Sea adventure with a two-day Egypt tour where we view the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx, along with several of Alexandria’s impressive monuments. We then explore Byblos and Baalbek, Lebanon. After a daylight transit of the Suez Canal, we resume our Egypt expedition with visits to the Monastery of St. Catherine and Luxor. Then, it’s on to Saudi Arabia, then Sudan, Eritrea, and more, as well as the sublime islands of the Dahlak Archipelago with its migrating seabirds and plethora of marine life.
Red Sea Expedition Highlights:
• Visit five amazing UNESCO World Heritage Sites - Giza, Baalbek, Byblos, the Monastery of St. Catherine and an included overnight excursion to Luxor.
• Step ashore in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, where we tour the well-preserved old town and browse the colorful souk, filled with exotic spices, finely-woven carpets, and fragrant incense.
• Visit fascinating Suakin, Sudan, where traditional lifestyles and livelihoods have changed little over the centuries.
• Enjoy a daylight transit of the Suez Canal, learn about its construction, and ancient trade routes.
• Snorkel or dive in the remote Dahlak Archipelago, a haven for seabirds and a natural paradise for marine life.
• Discover beautiful Art Deco architecture and the lively café culture of Asmara, Eritrea.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Red Sea expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel night
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options, including cultural tours, nature walks, Zodiac cruises, and snorkeling and diving
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your Red Sea and Egypt tour, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Red Sea and Egypt tour
Archaeology, Culture, History, Photography, Snorkeling & Diving