- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Jungle Rivers of South America
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
Explore three rivers on this South America adventure travel tour: the Amazon, Suriname, and Essequibo. On Zodiac expeditions and jungle walks ashore we search the waters and lush vegetation for macaws, monkeys, dolphins, and the rest of these rivers’ abundant wildlife. Our cultural interactions include landings at isolated villages, presenting us with a glimpse into the lives of Amazonian Indians and other native peoples. Our South America expedition concludes with beach time and snorkeling in Trinidad and Tobago.
Jungle Rivers of South America adventure travel highlights include:
- Visit six countries and three major rivers as part of this South America tour.
- Eco tours of tributaries and rain forest habitats, glimpsing a variety of wildlife including macaws, monkeys, and birds.
- Be on the look-out for pink dolphins and admire the stilted houses along the river banks on our Amazon tour.
- Wander the eerie ruins of French penal colony Devil’s Island, now nearly reclaimed by lush jungle and butterflies.
- Chartered flight into the heart of wild Guyana to view Kaieteur Falls, nearly five times the height of Niagara.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your trip. Here is what you can look forward to on this Jungle Rivers of South America expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options, from jungle walks to meeting local villagers
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your South America and Amazon expedition, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm program manager and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal documenting your Jungle Rivers of South America tour
Birding, Culture, History, Photography, Wildlife & Nature