- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Faces of Melanesia: Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu
Sorry. There are no scheduled departures for this expedition.
From a Papua New Guinea highlands excursion to a Vanuatu tour, this award-winning journey reveals the extraordinary diversity of Melanesia and its people. The idyllic islands and isolated villages you’ll visit during your Solomon Islands and Vanuatu adventure travels offer unique time-honored traditions and ceremonies including hypnotic drumming, melodic bamboo panpipes, elaborately costumed dancers, and welcomes as warm as the South Pacific sun. WWII history echoes from these shores and waters, as well, from cruising Iron Bottom Sound—so named for numerous sunken wartime vessels below—to visiting the island named in John F. Kennedy’s honor. Myriad natural wonders complement the culture and history of your Solomon Islands and Vanuatu expeditions: exotic flora and endemic bird species on land, and colorful reefs teeming with fish beneath the warm sapphire waters.
Solomon Islands and Vanuatu expedition highlights:
- Snorkel or dive over coral reefs teeming with colorful sea life—neon damsels, clownfish, Moorish idols and brilliantly hued wrasses—during your Solomon Islands adventure travels.
- Explore World War II sites including Guadal Canal and Iron Bottom Sound as well as remote islands rarely visited by cruise ships.
- Experience the traditional hospitality, songs, crafts, and costumed dances of vibrant island cultures including a Vanuatu tour and a special visit to Pentecost Island where modern-day bungee jumping originated.
- Search for striking endemic birds amidst the lush vegetation of towering volcanic islands.
- Begin your Solomon Islands and Vanuatu adventure travels with an optional extension to the Papua New Guinea highlands.
With Zegrahm Expeditions, virtually everything is included in the cost of your Solomon Islands and Vanuatu expedition:
- All gratuities, from porters and ship’s crew to tour guides
- All accommodations, including pre-voyage hotel nights
- Welcome dinner and orientation briefing to get to know one another and get a good sense of what’s to come
- Daily activity options from snorkeling and diving, to visiting with local residents in vibrant island villages during Solomon Islands and Vanuata tours
- World-class lecture and expedition team
- All meals onboard and with the group ashore
- All entrance fees, taxes, and landing and port charges
- All transfers on the group arrival and departure days
- Gift certificates for recommended Solomon Islands expedition gear and reading materials
- Comprehensive pre-departure packet to prepare you for your Solomon Islands and Vanuatu tours, with everything from currency information and weather to shipboard amenities and a packing list
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Dedicated Zegrahm expedition advisor and air coordinator to answer all your questions
- Photographic journal upon returning home to relive your Vanuatu and Solomon Islands adventure travels
Birding, Culture, Photography, Snorkeling & Diving, Wildlife & Nature