- Our Expeditions
- Expedition Travel
- Expedition Travel
- Small Ship Cruises
- Overland Adventures
- Flight Programs
- Expedition Activities
- Why Zegrahm
- Private Travel
- Traveler Info
Pearls of Polynesia: Fiji to TahitiSeptember 15, 2014 - October 1, 2014
Priced from: $9,970
This is a trip preview. The final itinerary, rates, expedition vessel, and leaders will be available shortly. Please let us know if you would like to be notified by email once this trip is released.
Book-ended by Fiji and Tahiti tours, this South Pacific journey strings together a dazzling array of palm-fanned islands ringed in waters of incredible hues. From the jungle-draped volcanic mountains of Tonga to the tiny, low-lying atolls you’ll explore as part of the Cook Islands tour, this voyage reveals a world of supreme natural beauty and people proud to share their ceremonial traditions of music and dance. Along the way discover American Samoa’s dramatic Pago Pago Harbor and unique, square-shaped Rose Atoll. And, during the Cook Islands expedition portion, meet the residents of tiny Palmerston, descendents of the eccentric William Marsters. Snorkel or dive nearly every day of your Fiji to Tahiti adventure travels and soak in iconic scenery that defines the essence of paradise.
Fiji to Tahiti expedition highlights:
- Search for rare endemic species such as the megapode, Fiji orange dove, and Atiu swiftlet.
- Snorkel or dive to discover dramatic underwater scenery from healthy coral reefs teeming with rainbow-hued fish to plunging walls covered with soft corals and frequented by large pelagics.
- Watch for humpback whales that raise their young in the warm and relatively shallow waters.
- Learn about traditional island life as friendly locals share their cultural heritage and perform energetic dances.
- Photograph a seemingly endless variety of subjects, from traditionally clad dancers and exotic flora, to idyllic beaches and plunging waterfalls.
- Contribute to ecological preservation efforts during a “voluntourism” opportunity on Suwarrow, a unique spin on Cook Islands adventure travel.
Culture, Snorkeling & Diving, Wildlife & Nature