Zegrahm Expeditions Announces Brand-New Adventure to Oman
16-Day Expedition Offers Splendid Architecture, Breathtaking Landscapes, and Warm Hospitality
Seattle, WA (July 9, 2014) – Zegrahm Expeditions, the world leader in small-ship cruising and overland adventures, is pleased to announce a brand-new itinerary in 2015, Oman: Jewel of the Arabian Gulf. This 16-day expedition explores the major port cities of Muscat and Salalah, follows ancient caravan routes across desert sands, and discovers a wealth of natural wonders, from Oman’s nesting green sea turtles and frankincense orchards to subtropical forests and date palm oases.
Highlights of this expedition include:
- Discovering the architecture of Muscat and visiting the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque complex.
- Exploring three UNESCO World Heritage Sites—the Land of Frankincense, the Archaeological Sites of the Bat Tombs, and the Aflaj Irrigation System.
- Spending three days in southern Oman, including seaside Salalah and its surrounding mountain regions.
- Observing endangered green sea turtles return to the beach where they lay their eggs in the sands of the Indian Ocean.
- Visiting Nizwa, Oman’s ancient capital, and touring two ancient fortresses.
“We couldn’t be more excited to return to Oman, this time on a brand-new adventure,” says Zegrahm President, Edwin Blythe. “Our travelers will get the chance to mingle with locals at exotic souks and visit with families, learning about their daily life, and really soaking up the friendly hospitality of Oman.”
Persian expert, Tony Walsh, will lead this expedition which takes place March 19 – April 3, 2015 and is priced from $10,980 per person. For more information about Zegrahm or to make a reservation on an upcoming expedition, please visit www.zegrahm.com or call 1-800-628-8747.