Zegrahm Expeditions Offers New Option for Exploring Antarctica
Seattle, WA (April 1, 2014) – Zegrahm Expeditions, the world leader in small-ship cruising and overland adventures, is pleased to offer a new way to explore the Great White Continent in 2015 with a 14-day adventure that focuses solely on the Antarctic Peninsula. Each year, the company offers its signature 22-day Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falkland Islands expedition that typically sells out quickly, but Zegrahm has heard from guests that an exploration focusing exclusively on the Peninsula would be a great addition to their polar product offerings.
This new expedition will feature a stellar expedition team, including Russ Evans who hails from the region and has been leading Antarctic expeditions for over a decade; marine biologist Rick Price, who spent five winters in the South Orkney Islands; and ornithologist Jim Wilson, who has over 35 years of birding experience in the Antarctic, Europe, Africa, and the United States. Highlights of this expedition include:
- Spending five full days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Cruising through Lemaire Channel, a supremely scenic strait where orca and humpback whales are frequently found.
- Exploring by Zodiac or kayak to discover dramatic shorelines and glittering icebergs.
- Stepping ashore on remote beaches to witness colonies of chinstrap, gentoo, and Adelie penguins.
- Boarding Zodiacs to search for leopard, Weddell, and crabeater seals hauled out on ice floes.
- Photographing a variety of subjects, from mighty glaciers descending from lofty peaks and ocean-sculpted icebergs, to an endless array of wildlife.
“We are thrilled to offer another opportunity for our guests to admire and appreciate the supreme beauty and wildlife of the seventh continent,” says Zegrahm President Edwin Blythe. “Having just returned from my first expedition to Antarctica, I can wholeheartedly understand why travelers always refer to this journey as a ‘trip of a lifetime’.”
This expedition is aboard the 100-guest Sea Spirit from February 21 – March 6, 2015 and is priced from $11,980 per person. For more information about Zegrahm or to make a reservation on an upcoming expedition, please visit www.zegrahm.com or call 1-800-628-8747.