Zegrahm Expeditions Announces Brand-New Itinerary to Peru's Amazon
Seattle, WA (August 6, 2014) – Zegrahm Expeditions, the world leader in small-ship cruising and overland adventures, is pleased to announce a brand-new itinerary in 2015, Amazon & Peruvian Highlands . This 15-day expedition explores both the lesser-visited Peruvian Amazon River and the Andean highlands. One full week will be spent aboard the luxurious, 28-guest La Estrella Amazonica, custom designed for cruising the Amazon and its tributaries. Each river-view stateroom has a private balcony, plus the ship holds kayaks and two excursion boats on board, permitting travelers to venture out for in-depth exploration.
- Cruising up the Río Ucayali, one of the best places in the world to find gray river dolphins and Amazon pink dolphins.
- Searching for over 500 species of birds and more than 100 mammal species, including canary-winged parakeets, hoatzin, scarlet macaws, capybaras, and squirrel monkeys.
- Boarding local boats for a scenic cruise to Lake Titicaca’s floating island of Uros and the island of Taquile, known for producing exquisite textiles.
- Enjoying a bird’s-eye-view of Colca Canyon, one of the world’s deepest canyons, where Andean condors are commonly sighted.
- Touring the highlights of Lima—Plaza de Armas, the core of the old city; the church where Francisco Pizarro is entombed; and a meticulously-maintained 16th-century mansion.
Zegrahm field director, Kevin Clement, will lead this expedition which takes place April 17 – May 1, 2015 and is priced from $8,980 per person. For more information about Zegrahm or to make a reservation on an upcoming expedition, please visit www.zegrahm.com or call 1-800-628-8747.