Zegrahm Expeditions Wins National Geographic Traveler's "50 Tours of a Lifetime" for 2014 Voyage to Madagascar
“50 Tours of a Lifetime” for 2014 Voyage to Madagascar
Winning Itinerary Combines Breathtaking Scenery, Intriguing Wildlife, and Superb Snorkeling
Seattle, WA (April 22, 2014) – Zegrahm Expeditions, the world leader in small-ship cruising and overland adventures, is honored to have its November 28 – December 16, 2014 Voyage to Madagascar with Zanzibar, Comoros, Reunion & Mauritius itinerary named as one of National Geographic Traveler magazine’s “50 Tours of a Lifetime.” The winners are chosen by the magazine’s editorial team, which makes their selection based on the most authentic, most innovative, most immersive, best-guided, and most sustainable tours offered each year. According to National Geographic Traveler’s executive editor, the tours selected go beyond the destination to add meaning and context, and they open the mind to new possibilities, new connections, and new ways of thinking.
Highlights of the 19-day voyage include:
- Discovering the unique flora and fauna of Madagascar—photogenic lemurs, 32 species of reptiles, and over 100 species of birds.
- Wandering a labyrinth of serpentine alleyways in Zanzibar’s Stone Town—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—filled with the treasures of the East that established its fame: cloves, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Snorkeling over some of East Africa’s healthiest reefs, teeming with colorful fish.
- Exploring the interesting mélange of Arabic and French architecture and stunning natural beauty found in the Comoros.
- “We are so appreciative to be included for the sixth time on National Geographic Traveler’s ninth annual list,” says Zegrahm President, Edwin Blythe. “We are committed to crafting innovative and industry-leading itineraries on all seven continents, and are especially honored to have a national publication recognize this commitment.”
This expedition is aboard the 100-guest Island Sky and is priced from $13,980 per person. For more information about Zegrahm or to make a reservation on an upcoming expedition, please visit www.zegrahm.com or call
Seattle-based Zegrahm Expeditions Inc., founded in 1990, is a leading adventure travel company specializing in small-ship expedition cruises, tours, and safaris to remote and intriguing destinations around the world. Led by expert guides and lecturers, Zegrahm itineraries are carefully crafted and all-inclusive, feature deluxe accommodations, and operate in all seven continents.