Looking for an interesting way to spend spring break (no run-of-the-mill Caribbean cruise or all-inclusive resort for this family!) that would inspire and educate their two middle school-aged children, Tobias and Kristin W. contacted our Private Travel team to plan a locally-hosted trip to Northern Norway’s Lapland region. The team went straight to work planning the perfect expedition for this adventurous young family. First, they secured one of Zegrahm’s ground operators as the family’s personal guide. Next, they arranged a mix of activities that would appeal to kids and parents alike. Here’s a peek at their personalized itinerary:
- A night in Kirkenes at the Snowhotel with a private dog-sledding lesson and tour to explore this Arctic wonderland.
- Snow mobiling through scenic wilderness for an overnight at a cozy backcountry lodge.
- A fjords cruise to stay at a charming guesthouse to view the northern lights.
- Three full days with Sven Engholm, an 11-time winner of Europe’s longest dog sled race and the family’s guide for immersing themselves in the Sami way of life, including meeting a reindeer herd and dog sledding.
- An overnight stay with a Sami family in a traditional lavvu; this communal tent made of reindeer hide is the base of operations for a reindeer-drawn sleigh and ski excursion.
To learn more, contact our Private Travel team at firstname.lastname@example.org.