Along the Silk Road: Central Asia by Rail
- Visit six amazing countries—Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan—in the company of renowned Asia expert, Gary Wintz.
- Travel aboard the luxurious Golden Eagle train, where you will enjoy spacious en suite cabins, impeccable service, gourmet meals, and large picture windows to savor the ever-changing landscapes.
- Admire the magnificent domes and turquoise spires of Registan Square, the heart of ancient Samarkand, flanked on three sides by grand, elaborately-decorated madrassas (Islamic seminaries).
- Explore Georgia’s famous cave city, Uplistsikhe, continuously inhabited from the 6th century B.C. until the 13th century, and wander through a labyrinth of cavernous halls and narrow passages.
- Stroll through the ancient streets of Bukhara, one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Central Asia, to discover beautiful examples of Islamic architecture dating from the 10th to 17th centuries.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
When you’re going off-the-beaten-path along Central Asia’s Silk Road, you’ll want your gear close at hand and easily accessible—a feat made easy with this lightweight packable that quickly unzips and transforms into a full-size daypack. You’re visiting six countries on this trip so you’re sure to need that extra space for the treasures you pick up along the way!