Amazon & Peruvian Highlands
April 17, 2015
- Cruise up the Río Ucayali, one of the best places in the world to find gray river dolphins and Amazon pink dolphins.
- Search for over 500 species of birds, such as canary-winged parakeets, blue-and-gold and scarlet macaws, and hoatzin; as well as more than 100 mammal species, such as capybaras, squirrel and red howler monkeys, and marmosets, on this Amazon expedition.
- Board local boats for a scenic cruise to Lake Titicaca’s floating island of Uros and the traditional island of Taquile, well-known for producing exquisite textiles.
- Enjoy a bird’s-eye-view of Colca Canyon, one of the world’s deepest canyons, where Andean condors are commonly sighted gliding effortlessly above the dramatic landscape, a must-see for Peruvian Highlands adventure travelers.
- Conclude your Amazon and Peruvian Highlands expedition with a tour of Lima’s highlights—Plaza de Armas, the core of the old city; the church where Francisco Pizarro is entombed; and a meticulously-maintained 16th-century mansion.