I love the remoteness of the Kimberley, particularly as we sail its magnificent coastline. There is simply no other way to see this part of an ancient landscape, and most Australians would give their eye teeth to see it! I never tire of being in the Kimberley.
Australia's Kimberley: A Voyage to the Outback
- Throughout this Western Australia tour, discover the region’s iconic wildlife, including elusive rock wallabies, huge colonies of flying foxes, and massive saltwater crocodiles.
- Cruise along Montgomery Reef, which rises from the ocean with the outgoing tide.
- Enjoy a highly scenic helicopter ride to Mitchell Falls during the Kimberley expedition, where we swim in crystal-clear freshwater pools.
- Birders thrill to flocks of sulphur-crested cockatoos, gregarious zebra finches, white-bellied sea eagles, great-billed herons, and black-necked storks.
- View the amazing spectacle of the Horizontal Falls, created by massive tidal currents.
The 65-guest Oceanic Discoverer was launched in 2005. Her small size is perfect for regional exploration. She carries Zodiacs, a glass-bottom boat, and a powerful excursion boat that can carry all guests for tours ashore. A spacious lounge, equipped with two large plasma TV screens, is ideal for lectures. All staterooms offer an ocean view. The dining room features the finest fresh seafood of the region and a comprehensive selection of Australian and New Zealand wines.
Australia’s last frontier is a wild land of remote, spectacular scenery spread over huge distances, with a severe climate, a sparse population, and minimal infrastructure. Traveling here is a true adventure as you view towering escarpments, undulating woodlands, spectacular waterways, mangrove-covered tidal flats, and forests rich in flora and fauna. Visit important Aboriginal sites and sleepy outposts to learn about life in this unforgiving, yet ultimately beautiful land.
Keep the bugs at bay with this handy mosquito heat net, which fits comfortably over most headwear. Your views of the Kimberley’s Mitchell Falls and incredible birdlife are kept unhindered thanks to a fine mesh outer layer that keeps out mosquitoes and other small insects. No more swatting those pesky critters away from your face and eyes!