The staff was outstanding—planning, explaining, participating, everything worked out with good humor and flexibility. The excursions provided a variety of experiences; the overall expedition was fun and we learned a lot!
Circumnavigation of the Black Sea
Just Announced: $1,000 Air Credit
Enjoy an air credit of up to $1,000 per person for new bookings on this expedition—contact our office to learn more!
- Visit Istanbul's top sites including Topkapi Palace and the 17th-century Blue Mosque.
- Enjoy an energetic performance of traditional dances in Georgia while sampling local wines.
- Explore the grand city of Odessa, with splendid examples of elegant 18th- and 19th-century architecture, including a tour of the magnificent Opera House.
- Cruise through the winding canals of the Danube River Delta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Biosphere Reserve, as we search for over 200 species of birds.
- Tour Safranbolu, an important center of saffron production and stopover for Silk Road caravans—this UNESCO World Heritage Center boasts a wealth of well-preserved Ottoman architecture.
Built in 1992 and recently refurbished, the Island Sky is a comfortable and contemporary expedition vessel. Public spaces include a large lounge, elegant bar with piano, library stocked with fiction and reference books along with a selection of games, and a single-seating dining room. Outside decks feature a bar, spa pool, and a sun deck where meals are served in pleasant weather. All suites feature ocean views, a sitting area, en suite bathroom, large wardrobes, small refrigerator, and television.
Turkey’s Cappadocia region is a land of striking volcanic terrain marked by thousands of pyramid-shaped rock spires. Throughout the centuries, Cappadocia’s inhabitants have carved their homes and churches in these columns and in caves, creating tunnels and chambers in the rock. This pre-voyage extension highlights the region’s cultural treasures, beautiful vistas, and fascinating history. You will also enjoy additional time to explore Istanbul, Turkey’s magnificent cultural, political, and commercial center.
Designed to withstand the ups and downs of the mercury throughout your Black Sea exploration—from a windy cliffside monastery in Turkey to the mineral-spring resort of Sochi, Russia—this moisture-wicking, stretchy-for-comfort, wind-resistant jacket just may be your most-worn piece of travel clothing.