An exceptionally well-thought-out itinerary devoted to one island that has so much to offer. It was great to have a little break in the middle, Stromboli and Etna, with an otherwise daily sightseeing agenda. There was excellent organization throughout and there’s been virtually nothing to criticize!
Circumnavigation of Sicily
September 26, 2017
- Attend cooking demonstrations on how to prepare traditional Sicilian dishes, plus enjoy wine tastings of vintages from the Marsala and Licata regions.
- Enjoy ample free time to stroll through picturesque coastal towns with many opportunities to dine ashore on your own.
- Tour Monreale’s impressive 12th-century Cathedral; hailed as Italy’s most beautiful Norman church, the interior is covered with intricate mosaics, gold leaf, and stone intarsia.
- Explore the exquisite Greek and Roman ruins of Agrigento and Syracuse—both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Cruise among the scenic Aeolian Islands and enjoy up-close views of still-active Stromboli Volcano.