An exceptionally well-thought-out itinerary devoted to one island that has so much to offer. It was great to have a little break in the middle, Stromboli and Etna, with an otherwise daily sightseeing agenda. There was excellent organization throughout and there’s been virtually nothing to criticize!
Circumnavigation of Sicily
- Attend cooking demonstrations on how to prepare traditional Sicilian dishes, plus enjoy wine tastings of vintages from the Marsala and Licata regions.
- Enjoy ample free time to stroll through picturesque coastal towns with many opportunities to dine ashore on your own.
- Tour Monreale’s impressive 12th-century Cathedral; hailed as Italy’s most beautiful Norman church, the interior is covered with intricate mosaics, gold leaf, and stone intarsia.
- Explore the exquisite Greek and Roman ruins of Agrigento and Syracuse—both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Cruise among the scenic Aeolian Islands and enjoy up-close views of still-active Stromboli Volcano.
The Variety Voyager is a newly built, state-of-the art private yacht which accommodates up to 72 guests. All ocean-view staterooms feature en suite marble bathrooms, flat-screen television, mini fridge, and individually controlled heating/cooling. The spacious and elegantly-appointed public spaces include a lounge, library, single-seating dining room, outdoor deck for dining in pleasant weather, and sun deck with a bar and lounge area.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Travel with fewer pairs of socks when you pack these Tilley Fast-Drying Ankle Socks. Machine washable—or wash in your cabin sink and they’re dry by morning—these polypropylene/nylon/Lycra® UPF 50-rated socks even come with a three-year “All-Holes-Barred” guarantee! Durable and breathable, these are your answer for happy trekking feet.