It’s time to see Cuba, and what more unique way to do it than by sail on a luxury yacht! Stroll Havana’s picturesque Malecón promenade along the sea at sunset; explore Cuba’s magnificent coral reefs by snorkel or scuba; and, with luck, maybe we’ll even spot the world’s smallest bird: the bee hummingbird.
Cuba Under Sail
- Immerse yourself in Cuban culture as you visit with friendly locals, savor traditional cuisine, tour the Arte Corte interactive museum, and enjoy musical performances, including a visit to the Buena Vista Social Club.
- Travel with ease aboard the intimate, 56-guest sailing ship, Le Ponant, the perfect way to see the sights and enjoy the exquisite coastal scenery.
- Visit the citadel of San Pedro de la Roca in Santiago and stroll through charming, colonial Cienfuegos; both are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Snorkel or dive over healthy coral reefs to view colorful tropical fish, turtles, sting rays, and other sea creatures.
- Stroll the atmospheric streets of Havana to discover stunning colonial architecture and sun-splashed plazas, where classic American cars complete the scene of a by-gone era.
This trip will be conducted under a General License – Humanitarian project (section 515.575).
Le Ponant is a sleek, three-masted sailing vessel that is ideal for expedition cruising. When her 16,140-square-foot sails are unfurled, Le Ponant glides through the water at 10–12 knots. The four-deck vessel has ample public space, and is fully equipped with two restaurants, a lounge, bar, and small reading nook with a selection of books. All ocean-view staterooms feature an en suite bathroom, minibar, safe, radio, individual air conditioning control, and telephone. Le Ponant carries a fleet of Zodiacs and has facilities for snorkeling and diving.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Equally as comfortable on land and at sea as you navigate the waters around Cuba, these Featherweight Khaki pants are sunblocking, supple, and soft—buy a few pairs and they’re all you’ll need to pack! They’re wrinkle-free, pack small, and are specially designed to keep you dry in the rain and cool in the heat.