January 11, 2017
- Discover five ancient UNESCO World Heritage Sites—Lalibela, Fasil Ghebbi, Simien Mountains National Park, Tiya, and Konso Tribal Village.
- Marvel at the 3.2-million-year-old fossil nicknamed Lucy, one of the earliest hominids.
- Stand at the headwaters of the fabled Blue Nile River and experience the mighty cascade of Blue Nile Falls.
- Meet with several ethnic groups in the Omo Valley; photographers will especially appreciate the elaborate hairstyles, body art, and costumes that are unique to each tribe.
- Stand among the earliest churches known to Christendom—the ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia’s ‘New Jerusalem.’
This expedition is offered through our sister company, Travcoa.