Skip to main content
Ethiopia with the Timket Festival
January 11, 2021
- Attend the Timket Festival in Lalibela and witness exuberant songs, spontaneous dances, and colorful processions.
- Search for several endemic species—gelada baboons, klipspringers, and bushbucks—in Simien Mountains National Park.
- Visit some of the earliest churches known to Christendom—the ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia's 'New Jerusalem.'
- Take a cruise on Lake Tana and step ashore on several islands where you will find beautiful monasteries and churches, some dating back to the 14th century.
- Stand at the headwaters of the fabled Blue Nile River and experience the mighty cascade of Blue Nile Falls.