Skip to main content
The Heart of Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan
October 5, 2021
- Admire the magnificent domes and turquoise spires of Registan Square, the heart of ancient Samarkand, flanked on three sides by grand, elaborately-decorated madrassas (Islamic seminaries).
- View the Bibi Khanym Mosque, built by Tamarlane in the 14th century, whose grand size pushed the limits of architectural knowledge.
- Spend two days in the Silk Road trading city of Bukhara, now considered Central Asia’s religious capital.
- Explore bustling markets and bazaars, overflowing with exotic foods and colorful produce, spices, jewelry, pashminas, knives, and hand-woven carpets.
- Meet with colorfully-clad locals for hands-on cooking demonstrations and a glimpse into their daily lives.