The Heart of Myanmar: Along the Irrawaddy & Chindwin Rivers
September 15, 2017
- Cruise the Upper Irrawaddy and exotic Chindwin Rivers aboard the luxurious 46-guest Anawrahta.
- Explore the Mahar Minkyaung Monastery, an extraordinary blend of European and Burmese architecture that houses the 1,000-year-old Shwe Sagar Buddha.
- Enjoy timeless river scenes as you drift past dense jungles, steep-sided gorges, emerald rice paddies, and tiny, traditional villages.
- Spend two days exploring the extensive ruins and stunning temples of Bagan, the 11th-century capital.
- Step ashore in tiny, rural villages to meet with locals and learn about their culture and daily life along the rivers.