The Heart of Myanmar: Along the Irrawaddy & Chindwin Rivers
- Cruise the Upper Irrawaddy and exotic Chindwin Rivers aboard the luxurious 46-guest Anawrahta.
- Explore the Mahar Minkyaung Monastery, an extraordinary blend of European and Burmese architecture that houses the 1,000-year-old Shwe Sagar Buddha.
- Enjoy timeless river scenes as you drift past dense jungles, steep-sided gorges, emerald rice paddies, and tiny, traditional villages.
- Spend two days exploring the extensive ruins and stunning temples of Bagan, the 11th-century capital.
- Step ashore in tiny, rural villages to meet with locals and learn about their culture and daily life along the rivers.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
When the sun comes out in Southeast Asia, pull on your lightweight, durable sun shirt, specially crafted by Columbia to keep you maximally protected from that brilliant orb for hours, no matter how long your sightseeing lasts. Its relaxed fit and mesh-lined shoulder vents keep you cool and ready for the next adventure.