I am often asked about my favorite destination, a challenging question at any time. But in the end, I would have to say India. All the senses seem like they have been on holiday until you get to India; the colors, the smells, the amazing flavors, the touch of soft saris, the sounds of humanity going about their daily lives. India is an enchanting destination that I yearn to return to.
India, Sri Lanka & the Maldives
Just Announced: $1,500 Air Credit
Enjoy an air credit of up to $1,500 per person for new bookings on this expedition—contact our office to learn more!
- Wander through Goa’s ancient streets past distinctive colonial Portuguese architecture, and enjoy a cooking demonstration and lunch in a traditional Goan home.
- Visit two World Heritage Sites on your Sri Lanka tour—Kandy’s fabled Temple of the Tooth and the Dutch-built Galle Fort.
- Savor delicious local delicacies at a pineapple plantation near Mangalore.
- Discover the bustling metropolis of Mumbai and the elaborate depictions of the Hindu god Shiva in the caves of Elephanta Island, a World Heritage Site.
- Explore the scenic Kerala backwaters by local boat to observe the rituals of daily life, and enjoy a cultural performance of classical Kathakali dance.
- Snorkel among dazzling corals and prolific marine life in the northern isles of the Maldives, a sure highlight of your India adventure travels.
- Meet the hospitable residents of tiny, traditional fishing villages on some of the Maldives’ lesser-visited islands.
Built in 1992 and recently refurbished, the Island Sky is a comfortable and contemporary expedition vessel. Public spaces include a large lounge, elegant bar with piano, library stocked with fiction and reference books along with a selection of games, and a single-seating dining room. Outside decks feature a bar, spa pool, and a sun deck where meals are served in pleasant weather. All suites feature ocean views, a sitting area, en suite bathroom, large wardrobes, small refrigerator, and television.
Discover India's great diversity of birds, reptiles, and mammals, and explore the heartland of this dynamic subcontinent. From bustling cities and remote villages to exquisite World Heritage Site temples and tombs, our expedition uncovers the dramatic diversity of India's landscapes. Journey to Bandhavgarh National Park to search for tigers and deer, visit Old and New Delhi, and discover Khajuraho's exquisite 1,000-year-old Hindu temples.
Guaranteed 100% waterproof, this camera case is perfect for the digital camera you’ll take along on your India tour. Snap photos of the bustling metropolis of Mumbai and the Portuguese architecture of Goa right through the ultra-clear case, then tuck your pricey hardware away. An adjustable/detachable shoulder strap makes it extra convenient.