On an emotional level, this trip was right up there with the best ever, I am so thankful we were able to go. Our local guides were wonderful representatives of their country; we received a warm welcome wherever we went without any negative experiences.
Iran: Wonders of Persia
- Yazd, regarded by UNESCO as one of the oldest towns on Earth and the center for the Zoroastrian faith.
- A picnic lunch under a 4,500-year-old cypress tree in Abarqu, followed by a visit to Paradises, the ancient Persian royal city-gardens.
- The countless shrines, gardens, tea houses, and bazaars of Shiraz, once famed for its vineyards of Shiraz (or Syrah) grapes.
- A hallmark of Iran adventure travel, a stop in Persepolis, rediscovered under desert sands in the early 1930s.
- The breathtaking mosque of Masjed-é Imám, formerly the Shah Mosque, covered by blue tiles and surrounded by minarets.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
All of your travel essentials are within easy reach thanks to these six-pocket cargo safari pants. Slip your smart phone, a snack, and some sunscreen into one of the many pockets. Trek through Persia in stylized comfort, thanks to front pleats and elasticized waist panels—they’re great weekender wear back home, too!