All of the sites—and sights—were fabulous, but having wanted to visit Persepolis for years, this was the trip of dreams!
Iran: Wonders of Persia
- Explore the ruins of Persepolis, conquered by Alexander the Great in 330 BC and only recently rediscovered under desert sands in the early 1930s.
- Visit Yazd, regarded by UNESCO as one of the oldest towns on Earth and the center for the Zoroastrian faith.
- Discover countless shrines, gardens, tea houses, and bazaars in Shiraz, once famed for its vineyards of Shiraz (or Syrah) grapes.
- View the breathtaking mosque of Masjed-é Imám, formerly the Shah Mosque, covered by blue tiles and surrounded by minarets.
- Tour Tehran, Iran's cosmopolitan capital, where highlights include the Sa'ad Abad Palace complex as well as the National Museum of Archaeology and the National Jewels Museum.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
All of your travel essentials are within easy reach thanks to these six-pocket cargo safari pants. Slip your smart phone, a snack, and some sunscreen into one of the many pockets. Trek through Persia in stylized comfort, thanks to front pleats and elasticized waist panels—they’re great weekender wear back home, too!