The real pleasure of visiting the Philippines is meeting the people, so warm and so welcoming. Really looking forward to getting back!
Journey through the Philippines with Palawan & Tubbataha
Just Announced: $1,500 Air Credit
Enjoy an air credit of up to $1,500 per person for new bookings on this expedition—contact our office to learn more!
- Snorkel or dive in incredibly clear waters nearly every day to search for a variety of marine life—from tiny pygmy seahorses and colorful nudibranchs to graceful manta rays and massive whale sharks.
- Experience warm welcomes and legendary Filipino hospitality as you visit traditional villages and remote island communities.
- Observe the young, orphaned orangutans who are learning to live in the wild at the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Center.
- Visit the geologically unique Chocolate Hills, a series of conical mounds that resemble rows of chocolate kisses.
- Explore Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its high density of marine species with 600 fish species and over 300 varieties of coral.
The all-suite, 100-guest Caledonian Sky is a spacious, yet intimate, expedition vessel. Refurbished in 2018, her beautifully designed public spaces include a single-seating dining room, a large lounge with piano, elegant bar, enclosed panoramic viewing deck, sun deck, library, and small gym. All suites have an ocean view and feature a sitting room, en suite bathroom, flat-screen television, spacious wardrobes, and dressing table. The Caledonian Sky carries a fleet of Zodiacs, available for accessing remote shorelines and islands and is equipped to offer scuba diving.
Explore some of the oldest and most pristine rainforest on the planet. During the Ice Age, when many other tropical rainforests waited for the glaciers to recede, Malaysia’s equatorial location caused the ice to depart faster, fostering prolific growth of its forests, long before even those of Africa and South America. A number of unique and increasingly rare creatures inhabit this lush wilderness, including the orangutan, whose Malay name translates to “man of the forest.”
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
When you’re combining sunshine and snorkeling, keep your gear organized in this spacious snorkel bag, and your body protected in this smart-looking, UPF 50-rated rash guard. Protecting you from sunburn and even the occasional run-in with “stingy things,” you can wear it for hours in the water while you cavort with manta rays and whale sharks.