Life Along the Mekong River: Laos & Thailand
Just Announced: $1,500 Air Credit
Enjoy an air credit of up to $1,500 per person for new bookings on this expedition—contact our office to learn more!
- Enjoy a six-night cruise along the lesser-traveled Central Mekong to view daily rural life, and visit colorful markets with the opportunity to meet the lovely minority tribes-people.
- Discover the charming town of Luang Prabang; once home to the royal family, its palace, pagodas, and lovely temples make this World Heritage Site Laos' top attraction.
- View pre-historic rock art in Phu Phra Bat and Pha Taem National Park, which offer glimpses into life along the Mekong over 3,000 years ago.
- Wander among the ruins of Wat Phou; built in the same style as Angkor Wat, this World Heritage Site is also the largest archaeological complex in Laos.
- Visit the 4,000 Islands region to view Khone Phapheng, the largest waterfall by volume in Asia.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
When you’re cruising down the lesser-traveled Central Mekong River, these fast-drying ankle socks will keep your feet dry and comfortable no matter how many times you jump ship to hike, walk, and scramble on the river banks. Plus, there’s a three-year “All-Holes-Barred” guarantee—so go ahead and trek to your heart’s content in Luang Prabang and Pha Taem National Park.