The Madagascar expedition was a fulfillment of lifelong expectations—the country's geology, flora, lemurs, reptiles, and birds; its history and culture; and our guides' expertise all made for a fantastic experience.
- Search for 49 different species of lemurs; these photogenic primates are the iconic symbol of Madagascar’s unique wildlife.
- Discover diverse flora and fauna, most of which are found only on Madagascar—90 percent of all forest flora and more than half of the 250-plus bird species are endemic.
- Explore a variety of habitats during numerous nature walks, nocturnal spotlighting excursions, by boat, and in 4x4 vehicles.
- Enjoy up-close encounters with a variety of wildlife, including colorful chameleons— a photographer’s paradise!
- Meet the lovely Malagasy people who greet you with warm hospitality.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
You won’t want to lose your footing when you’re spotting the elusive Madagascar lemur for the very first time—and sturdy you’ll be in our TEVA all-sport sandals with proven performance on land and in water. Venture to your heart’s content in patented, supportive comfort thanks to the rugged non-slip rubber outsole of these workhorse sandals.