Lex Hes is a wonderful leader—knowledgeable, kind, attentive, he gave everyone his full attention. The itinerary was also excellent, we were able to see four different corners of the country, each with very different ecosystems.
- Search for a variety of lemurs; these photogenic primates are the iconic symbol of Madagascar’s unique wildlife.
- Discover diverse flora and fauna of both inland and coast regions, most of which are found only on Madagascar—90 percent of all forest flora and more than half of the 250-plus bird species are endemic.
- Explore diverse habitats during numerous nature walks, nocturnal spotlighting excursions, by boat, and in 4x4 vehicles.
- Enjoy up-close encounters with unique wildlife, including colorful chameleons—a photographer’s paradise!
- Meet the lovely Malagasy people who greet you with warm hospitality.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
You won’t want to lose your footing when you’re spotting the elusive Madagascar lemur for the very first time—and sturdy you’ll be in our TEVA all-sport sandals with proven performance on land and in water. Venture to your heart’s content in patented, supportive comfort thanks to the rugged non-slip rubber outsole of these workhorse sandals.