Spectacular landscapes and geology will be a highlight of this trip for me, and I'm especially looking forward to cruising the Chilean fjords where the Andes Mountains come down to the sea.
Patagonia with the Falkland Islands & Cape Horn
Just Announced: 20% Savings
Enjoy savings of 20% off per person on this expedition. Or, explore nearly the entire west coast of South America by combining with our Chile & Peru: In the Wake of Humboldt & Darwin and save an additional 5%—a total savings of 25% per person!
- Cruise around Cape Horn, view the magnificent landscape of Glacier Alley, and pass through the historic Strait of Magellan.
- Step ashore on Steeple Jason Island to view the world’s largest black-browed albatross colony, as well as rockhopper, Magellanic, and gentoo penguins.
- Take a scenic hike through Torres del Paine, where you may spy guanacos, Magellanic woodpeckers, and Andean condors backdropped by amazing mountain vistas.
- Explore chiseled fjords by Zodiac and by kayak to search for dolphins, whales, seals, and a variety of seabirds, including Magellanic penguins.
- Visit the Pio XI Glacier (also known as Bruggen Glacier), the longest glacier in South America.
- Save 5% when you combine with Chile & Peru!
The recently refurbished 120-guest Ocean Adventurer is a superb oceangoing vessel equipped with stabilizers and an ice-strengthened hull that allow her to navigate easily in the most rugged natural environments. A fleet of Zodiac landing craft allows us to explore at a moment’s notice. Each stateroom has an ocean view, an in-room music system, and en suite bathroom.
Spend three full days unlocking the secrets of enigmatic Easter Island. This 63-square-mile island is considered the most remote inhabited island in the world and it is widely accepted that the original inhabitants were Polynesians, arriving as early as 318 AD Over 800 moai, or stone statues, have been located throughout the island and though there are many theories, the exact purpose of the statues remains a mystery.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Just as comfortable on the ski slopes of Vermont as it is in Cape Horn’s Glacier Alley, this down sweater jacket is full-zip, warm, compressible, and super-stylish, to boot. Interior and exterior pockets keep your essentials close at hand as you’re gazing upon Brüggen Glacier, Magellanic penguins, and black-browed albatross.