The Emberá tribe in Panama's Darién Province was amazing—their culture is so untouched and the people are so friendly!
Rainforests & Reefs of Central America: Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Honduras, Belize
- Search for Central America’s incredible diversity of wildlife during Zodiac cruises and nature walks—over 750 species of birds have been recorded in Costa Rica alone.
- Meet the Kuna Indians of San Blas and the Emberá Indians of the Darién who proudly preserve their cultural heritage.
- Enjoy a daylight transit through the historic locks of the Panama Canal.
- Experience world-class snorkeling and diving, from Belize’s Half Moon Caye to one of the world’s largest marine parks in Coiba, Panama.
- Step ashore on seldom-visited Isla de Providencia, Colombia—its long history includes tales of colonization, conquest, and buried treasure.
The recently refurbished 120-guest Ocean Adventurer is a superb oceangoing vessel equipped with stabilizers and an ice-strengthened hull that allow her to navigate easily in the most rugged natural environments. A fleet of Zodiac landing craft allows us to explore at a moment’s notice. Each stateroom has an ocean view, an in-room music system, and en suite bathroom.
For those with an interest in Mayan history and archaeology, we have designed this post-voyage extension exploring one of the best-preserved Mayan sites in the Americas: Tikal in Guatemala. This formerly glorious city gives us a rare look into the daily lives, culture, and beliefs of a people who once dominated Central America.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
When you’re flitting between nature walks and Zodiac excursions in Central American rainforests and reefs, you’ll want to keep your feet warm and dry—an easy “feat” for these hard-working socks, the ultimate liner in blister protection and lasting comfort. A plush and fleecy inner layer, odor-fighting treatment, and quick-drying capability make these a must-have in the tropical traveler’s suitcase.