Route of the Caravans: The Four Stans of Central Asia
October 6, 2017
- Admire the magnificent domes and turquoise minarets of Registan Square, the heart of ancient Samarkand.
- View the magnificent Bibi Khanym Mosque, built by Tamarlane in the 14th century.
- Stroll through the ancient streets of Bukhara to discover beautiful examples of Islamic architecture.
- Explore bustling markets and bazaars, overflowing with exotic foods and colorful produce, spices, jewelry, and other goods.
- Discover the ancient city of Khiva, one of the Silk Road’s most important trading posts and a UNESCO World Heritage Site that lies at the crossroads of Mongolia, Russia, China, and Persia.