Sacred Traditions: Japan Revealed
- Join Mark Brazil on an itinerary designed specifically for those with an appreciation of Japanese arts, cuisine, customs, culture, and nature.
- Learn about many of Japan’s traditional industries, from wasabi, rice, and tea growing to washi paper manufacturing and saké brewing.
- Participate in a drum training session with a member of the famous Kodo troupe on Sado Island.
- Spend three nights in the historical town of Kanazawa—experience a tea ceremony, visit the famous gardens of Kenroku-en, and explore the extraordinary art installations of the 21st Century Museum.
- Admire Japan’s autumn colors and view rare wildlife, including the Japanese crested ibis and Oriental stork that are recovering from near extinction.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Neither wind nor rain will stop your exploration of Kyoto, Kanazawa, and other Japanese treasures when you’re tucked into this waterproof, breathable nylon rain jacket. A full hood keeps you extra dry, while still maintaining good peripheral vision for all that sightseeing. Feeling humid? Just open the handy under-arm zippers for extra ventilation.