Skip to main content
Sacred Traditions: Japan Revealed
October 12, 2018
- Join Mark Brazil on an itinerary designed specifically for those with an appreciation of Japanese arts, cuisine, customs, and culture.
- Learn about many of Japan’s traditional industries, from wasabi, rice, and tea growing to washi paper manufacturing and sake brewing.
- Participate in a drum training session with a member of the famous Kodo troupe on Sado Island.
- Spend three nights in the historical town of Kanazawa—experience a tea ceremony, visit the famous gardens of Kenroku-en, and explore the extraordinary art installations of the 21st Century Museum.
- Admire Japan’s autumn colors and view some of the country’s rare and unusual wildlife, including the Japanese crested ibis that is recovering from near extinction.