Skip to main content
Sacred Traditions: Japan Revealed
October 12, 2018
- Join Mark Brazil and Chieko Sakihana on an itinerary designed specifically for those with an appreciation of Japanese arts, cuisine, customs, and culture.
- Learn about many of Japan’s traditional industries, from wasabi growing and kimono silk spinning to washi paper manufacturing and sake brewing.
- Go beyond Kyoto’s noteworthy temples to learn about traditional Japanese arts and crafts, and attend a drum performance.
- Spend three nights in the historical town of Kanazawa, including visits to the famous gardens of Kenroku-en and Myoryuji Temple, with its extraordinary architectural features.
- Admire Japan’s autumn colors and view some of the country’s rare and unusual wildlife, including the Japanese crested ibis that is recovering from near extinction.