Skip to main content
Samoa & Tonga: Swimming with Humpbacks
August 27, 2018
- Swim and snorkel with humpback whales, which congregate in the shallow, protected waters of Tonga to breed.
- Meet with locals to learn about their traditions of song and dance, create your own tapa cloth, and participate in a kava ceremony.
- Search for giant fruit bats, a variety of seabirds, and rare island endemics such as the Samoan fantail, Samoan whistler, Samoan starling, mao, and Tongan whistler.
- Stay at several boutique properties, which offer lush gardens of native vegetation and dreamy sunset vistas.
- Visit the National Park of American Samoa, America’s 50th national park and the only one south of the equator.