A well-planned and well-executed trip, with great attention to detail. Incredible diversity, fantastic scenery, wonderful lodging, the top-notch guidance of Lex Hes—we would love to travel with him again!
Southern Africa's Diversity: Namibia, Botswana, Zambia
- Visit remote, varied, and pristine habitats to observe nature operating as it has since time immemorial and largely undisturbed by man.
- Explore the winding channels of Botswana’s Okavango Delta by mokoro (dugout canoe) in search of the many water-adapted plant and animal species.
- Photograph Namibia’s awe-inspiring landscapes and meet the Himba people—one of the last remaining nomadic tribes in Africa.
- Search for abundant wildlife in Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park—famous for its leopards—where you will find the endemic Thornicroft’s giraffe, among many other game animals.
- Track desert rhino and elephants on foot in the rugged landscapes of Namibia’s Damaraland.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
When flying around in bush planes from Namibia to Botswana to Zambia, you need a medium-sized soft-sided duffel bag; and this Eagle Creek version is perfect! It comes with a detachable padded shoulder strap, and is large enough to fit your clothes while being small enough for the aircraft.