Skip to main content
Spirit of India with the Kumbh Festival
March 14, 2021
- Attend the deeply spiritual Kumbh Mela Festival, the largest religious gathering in the world, and mingle with devotees who are eager to share their traditions.
- Explore the royal city of Jaipur including the imposing fort, palatial palace, flower-filled garden, and bustling bazaar.
- Beat the crowds and enjoy superb photo ops during a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal.
- Make a stop at one of India’s holiest Sikh temples, the Golden Temple in Amritsar, a vast complex that provides free meals for up to 10,000 pilgrims and visitors a day.
- Cruise along the holy Ganges River in Varanasi, passing numerous ghats where pilgrims gather to worship.
Expedition Leader / Social Anthropologist