This expedition offered rich rewards on multiple dimensions—snorkeling and diving, ethnography and culture, dozens of endemic birds. All from a comfortable platform interpreted by leading researchers.
Tahiti to Easter Island: Marquesas, Tuamotus & Pitcairns
- Photograph the exquisite Marquesas with their sky-piercing volcanoes, lushly-carpeted canyons, and chiseled bays.
- View Easter Island’s giant volcanic stone statues, or moai, that represent deified ancestors; according to oral traditions, they 'walked' from the quarry to their stone platforms along the coastline.
- Meet the residents of tiny Pitcairn Island; most are direct descendants of the HMS Bounty crew.
- Visit Henderson and Ducie Islands, home to rare and endemic bird species, from Murphy’s and Phoenix petrels to the Henderson Island crake and Stephen’s lorikeet.
- Enjoy excellent snorkeling and diving nearly every day to discover healthy reefs teeming with colorful, tropical fish.
- Step ashore to exuberant welcomes, from the traditional blowing of conch shell “trumpets” to graceful dancers and energetic drummers adorned in tapa cloth and fragrant flower leis.
- Save 5% when you combine with Faces of Polynesia!
The all-suite, 100-guest Caledonian Sky is a spacious, yet intimate, expedition vessel. Refurbished in 2012, her beautifully designed public spaces include a single-seating dining room, a large lounge with piano, elegant bar, enclosed panoramic viewing deck, sun deck, library, and small gym. All suites have an ocean view and feature a sitting room, en suite bathroom, flat-screen television, spacious wardrobes, and dressing table. The Caledonian Sky carries a fleet of Zodiacs, available for accessing remote shorelines and islands and is equipped to offer scuba diving.