The Uganda expedition FAR exceeded our expectations! The diversity of wild and birdlife was the most outstanding we have seen in sub-Saharan Africa. Our local guides and drivers were very personable and outgoing, as well as extremely knowledgable with incredible eyes. The lodges and camps were quite diverse with excellent food. One of our top six expeditions!
Uganda: A Primate Paradise
- A river cruise to the base of the Nile’s highest cataract at Murchison Falls, one of Africa’s most dramatic waterfalls.
- Hike through mahogany forests in Kibale National Park, home to chimpanzees, over 250 butterfly species, and 360 bird species.
- Tree-climbing lions in the Ishasha sector of famed Queen Elizabeth National Park, one of the few places where this behavior may be seen.
- Up-close encounters with mountain gorillas in their natural habitat, one of the most profound experiences of this Uganda tour.
- Accommodations in some of the region’s most luxurious lodges and permanent tent camps, including Gorilla Forest Camp in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
As you adventure through the Ugandan landscape in search of the elusive primates who reside here, you’ll trek sturdy and secure in these triple-layer Taslan Gore-Tex/Cordura boot “Croc” leg gaiters, a trusted brand that received Backpacker Magazine’s “Editors Choice Gold Award” back in 1999 and has been a trusted favorite ever since.