This itinerary was so well thought-out in terms of locations, there was varying topography, and we had the most amazing animal sightings! It takes a very experienced and knowledgeable expedition leader to handle this kind of trip and I can't think of anyone more capable and patient than Lex.
- Explore a variety of habitats on this comprehensive itinerary as you travel in open 4x4 vehicles to search for the symbols of this untamed territory—lions, elephants, hippos, and vast herds of plains antelopes.
- Discover a variety of birdlife, with over 380 recorded species, such as the scarce black egret, rufous-bellied heron, pygmy goose, and wattled crane.
- Glide through the ecologically-unique Okavango Delta in a mokoro (dugout canoe) to seek out the elusive sitatunga, a delta antelope.
- Photograph the stunning scenery of diverse habitats, from the stark beauty of the Kalahari Desert to the lushly vegetated oasis of the Okavango Delta.
- Stay in some of Africa’s best camps—Botswana embodies the essence of romantic, vintage Africa.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
When flying around in bush planes throughout Botswana, you need a medium-sized soft-sided duffel bag; and this Eagle Creek version is perfect! It comes with a detachable padded shoulder strap, and is large enough to fit your clothes while being small enough for the aircraft.