I've taken six Zegrahm expeditions and loved them all—they were each different, well-organized, well-planned, and wonderful. My favorite changes each time I get home from a trip!
- Travel in open 4x4 vehicles to search for the symbols of this untamed territory—lions, elephants, hippos, and vast herds of plains antelope.
- Discover a variety of birdlife, with over 350 recorded species, such as the scarce black heron, rufous-bellied heron, pygmy goose, and wattled crane.
- Glide through the ecologically-unique Okavango Delta in a mokoro (dugout canoe) to seek out the elusive sitatunga, a water-adapted antelope.
- Photograph the stunning scenery of diverse habitats, from the stark beauty of the Kalahari Desert to the lushly vegetated oasis of the Okavango Delta.
- Spend three nights at the luxurious Mombo Camp, one of Africa's premier safari camps.
Trip Preparation: Gear Up!
Practically the only pants you’ll need for your Botswana safari, these ultra-lightweight khakis (almost half the weight of jeans!) are classically tailored for a stylish look and feature an abrasion-proof fabric that keeps you dry in rain, cool in heat. Plenty of pockets for your essentials, elastic at the sides of the waist, wrinkle-free, and they pack small—buy a couple pairs and you’re set for your adventure!