The Omo Valley has been a crossroads for millennia and today, it is famous for the sheer number and variety of unique tribal cultures. Meet with several tribes that express their status and cultural identity through colorful body painting, hand-made jewelry, and elaborate hairdos. You will also have the opportunity to search for endemic Ethiopian wildlife in Bale Mountain National Park.
- Meet the engaging gelada baboons of Simien Mountains National Park.
- Stand at the headwaters of the fabled Blue Nile River and experience the mighty cascade of Blue Nile Falls.
- Discover the earliest churches known to Christendom—the ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia’s ‘New Jerusalem.’
- Visit the remains of several royal castles built between the 13th - 17th centuries in the city of Gondar.
- Spend two full days exploring Bale Mountains National Park, home to rare Ethiopian wolves, giant mole-rats, Menelik’s bushbuck, mountain nyala, and over 300 species of birds.
October 22 — October 28, 2019